Intuitive Eating 101: The Natural Way To Eat Healthfully And Honor Your Body
Intuitive eating is an amazing tool for eating healthier, put an end to binging and restricting, and melting away the stress of the constant question, “What the heck should I eat?!”
But intuitive eating can be tricky. Every day, you’re bombarded with information on what constitutes good food, bad food, good portion sizes, bad portion sizes, etc., so learning to hear that quiet, intuitive voice within you isn’t always easy.
Want my top 5 Body Love Tips sent directly to you? Sign up here:
Why Intuitive Eating Is The Answer You’ve Been Waiting For
The truth is, you have a genius intuitive voice within you that will guide you to the right foods and portion sizes for you.
But you’ve spent a lot of time tamping down that voice. Recent studies have confirmed what dieters have known for years — diets tamp down the voice within us that lets us know when we’re hungry, when we’re full, and when we need something different than food to deal with our emotional reality. So if you’re not sure when you’re hungry or when you’re full, you are not alone!
But there is a way to reconnect with your internal sense of hunger and fullness and make peace with food forever.
Even if you think you’ve failed at intuitive eating before, you haven’t. So I’m going to share with you some of my favorite intuitive eating tips and resources right here.
Getting Started: How To Eat Intuitively And Stop Stressing About Food Forever!
Here are 7 of my favorite resources for learning to eat intuitively!
- Why Portion Control Doesn’t Work And What To Do Instead — Start to shift from “portion control” to more intuitive methods with this post.
- Intuitive Eating And Weight Loss — If you feel like you “failed” at intuitive eating before because you didn’t lose weight, this post will be seriously enlightening.
- Are Old Diet Rules Getting In Your Way? — Before you get down to intuitive eating, you may need clarity on the “diet rules” that still control your food decisions. Learn how here.
- Intuitive Living — Learn how to handle cravings in a way that feels aligned with your needs.
- You Don’t Need More Self Control — Trying to take control of your eating can backfire–seriously. Learn why.
- Is Intuitive Eating Possible When You’re Dealing With Food Allergies? — Intuitive eating is definitely a little tougher when you have food allergies and sensitivities. If you’re in this boat, you will love this post!
- Holiday Special: Enjoying The Food Without The Stress — Eating during the holidays can be particular stressful. Check out these intuitive eating tips for holiday meals to help you through the next holiday.
- If you want some more in depth support on healing from eating issues and learning to eat intuitively, you will love my How To Heal From Emotional Eating Program. Check it out here.