I’m Still Pissed Off At Perez Hilton

by Golda Poretsky, H.H.C. on June 18, 2010

Yesterday, Perez Hilton, gossip blogger and noted misogynist, copied the bulk of my post of the second part of my interview series with Kai Hibbard of the Biggest Loser verbatim, stuck it in his blog, and neither credited me nor linked back to me. In other words, he posted the story as if he had written it.

After numerous tweets, an email to him, and a call and email to his lawyer, he eventually took the post down from his main site while leaving it up on his mobile site. He still has not apologized, nor issued a retraction, nor credited me for my work.  He’s now received credit all over the internet for “breaking this story.”

I wasn’t going to post this post, but I’m still really angry, so I’m getting out a bit of aggression here. And you know what, I do feel better!

By the way, thanks to everyone for their supportive tweets to Perez.

Update:  Received nasti-gram from Perez’s lawyer.  Looking into legal options.

{ 28 comments… read them below or add one }

bodylovewellnes June 19, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Anyone else been plagiarized by @perezhilton? Would love to write something up. http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/

Tabayag June 19, 2010 at 3:13 pm

@bodylovewellnes you should google it to see if other people have had that experience and written about it – get a group together

Molly June 19, 2010 at 12:24 am

Perez is such a tool. You are awesome, Golda. What can we do, as your supporters, to help Google know that YOU are the one who broke the story if it is Googled? Are there certain keywords that you want associated with our links/comments?

Liza June 18, 2010 at 11:29 am

Did you get a screen shot of the article? If not maybe there’s an archive of his site available somewhere.

Golda Poretsky, H.H.C. June 18, 2010 at 11:31 am

Thanks to everyone for your support!

@Liza — I printed it out, so I still have it if I decide to sue.

Golda Poretsky, H.H.C. June 18, 2010 at 11:16 am

@Kai, you rocked it today! Thank you for speaking your truth and being so mega awesome! I loved seeing you CBS this morning. “Brave, beautiful and amazing” does not begin to describe you either!

Kai Hibbard June 18, 2010 at 11:14 am

Right on with telling Perez like it is!!! You are brave, beautiful and amazing. Thank you for being a beacon of light on the internet and allowing me to speak my truth.

Vanessa June 18, 2010 at 9:20 am

You have every right to be upset!!
I would be furious!

Erin June 18, 2010 at 8:58 am

I don’t blame you for being pissed off. I would be too. It is ridiculous and I am glad you are taking a stand. I wonder how many other people he has plagiarized????

bodylovewellnes June 18, 2010 at 8:42 am

Thx! RT @moreofmetolove: @bodylovewellnes don’t regret the post because #perezhilton is a plagiarizing thief. http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/

thelandanimal June 18, 2010 at 8:48 am

@bodylovewellnes love you and the message you are sending! perez is a tool. keep at the good work and u will get the cred u deserve :)

bodylovewellnes June 18, 2010 at 8:55 am

@thelandanimal Thanks, doll!

bodylovewellnes June 18, 2010 at 8:33 am

Probably going to regret this post, but F it. http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/

moreofmetolove June 18, 2010 at 8:38 am

@bodylovewellnes don’t regret the post because #perezhilton is a plagiarizing thief. spread the word! Golda’s story http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/

fashionplus3 June 18, 2010 at 8:40 am

@bodylovewellnes you have every right to post your frustration… plagiarism, is plagiarism! #teambodylovewellness!

madide June 18, 2010 at 11:24 am

@bodylovewellnes he deserved it. I kinda already hate perez Hilton but now I hate him worse. I hope you get the credit you deserve

bodylovewellnes June 18, 2010 at 8:30 am

Austrianhoney June 18, 2010 at 8:31 am

RT @bodylovewellnes: [New Post] I’m Still Pissed Off At Perez Hilton – via #twitoaster http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/

fashionplus3 June 18, 2010 at 8:38 am