by Golda Poretsky, HHC
As I seem to mention a lot in these posts, I’m kind of weird. I love cold weather (I find it invigorating and energizing) and my skin doesn’t get very dried out.
But, I realize that I’m in the minority there. And as the weather turns colder, many of you probably experience a little more fatigue, and some seriously dry skin. And maybe just a little stress about the impending holidays?
So let’s talk tips for keeping your skin (and yourself) happy as the temperature drops.
1) Not So Hot — Although it’s tempting to use really hot water in the shower, it’s not so great for your skin. Using lukewarm water will allow your skin to retain more moisture and get less dry.
2) Get Your Rest — November is often a really busy time. Students are gearing up for finals. People in lots of professions are trying to finish things up before December holidays. But if you’re one of those people who always seems to get sick January 1st, it’s important to start taking care of yourself now. Schedule some relaxation, even if it’s just putting your feet up for 15 minutes and reading a book.
3) Notice Changes — I just switched to much more moisturizing facial cleanser and I’m so happy I did. Although, I’m not sure if I made the switch because of the weather or because I’m getting older. :)
As for skincare, see what changes might feel good. I’m (still!) really enjoying using the Eucerin Calming Crème right now!
Plus, this month we have another opportunity for awesome Eucerin swag! Seriously, these prize packs just get better and better. Here’s all you have to do to be registered to win:
- Follow the Eucerin Twitter handle (@eucerinus) and tell us your tips on how to make November lovely for skin.
- Leave a comment below (with a valid email address) and a winner will be picked at random from the commenters on November 30th. Let me know what you’re doing to ease the transition into Fall! The winner will receive Eucerin Plus Smoothing Essentials Body Lotion (a unique formula with buffered alpha hydroxy that gently smoothes and moisturizes to reveal healthier-looking, radiant skin), Eucerin Calming Crème (has a gentle, non-greasy formula that combines calming oatmeal and natural emollients that help relieve dry, itchy skin for softer, healthier-looking and more comfortable skin), Eucerin Calming Body Wash (8.4 oz.) ( a unique body wash formulation that combines soap-free cleansing with omega oils and other natural lipids to nourish and soothe), and a Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier.
- Be 18 or older and a U.S. resident.
Full Disclosure: I’m receiving Eucerin products (for my readers and me). The thoughts and opinions, however, that I share in this post are strictly my own and are not influenced by receipt of these products.
EDIT (11/30/11): Congratulations, Shirley Brandenburg! You’re the winner of this month’s Eucerin swag, and I’ll be emailing you shortly. Everyone else: be on the lookout for next month’s giveaway!